Wednesday, July 16, 2014

MARCH 16, 2014: BEACH, POOL-LAZY DAY, DINNER-RIMLAY


March 16, 2014

     Wow!  We woke up at 8:45 am.  That's unusual as we're up most times way earlier than that.  One thing we are noticing about our room is that on a lot of days-not every one so far-there is condensation on the mirrors, sliding doors.  Also the room feels damp.  The sheets, even some papers I've left on the small table are damp.  We go back and forth about if we should ask for a room change but my husband thinks it's not worth the hassle and hopefully things will get better??  I'd just like to know what is causing this.  Breakfast continues to be superb.  Today I have pancakes instead of an egg.  The machine that makes the pancakes is way cool.  Place your plate at the end, push a button, and bingo-2 perfect pancakes!

Lots of cheese


My favorite-crispy bacon!







I want one of these machines!!

Waffles

Fruit cocktail, fruit yoghurt



Great looking and great tasting fruit



     We set up our beach and pool sun beds.  This morning it's a bit overcast-cloudy.  It will be like that until 2:00 pm when the sun finally comes out.  Richard has his underwater camera with him to practice as he's diving again tomorrow.  He takes a picture of us in the sea and then someone offers to take a better picture of the 2 of us.  We are at the beach and/or in the pool until 4:00 pm.  We have been so lazy today.  Every once in a while you need to have a day like this.  We head back to our room to get ready for dinner and I spend some time in the lobby checking my e-mail messages.

Richard took this picture of us

We're in the water and looking at the resort sun beds

Another  guest kindly took this picture.  When I started this trip the beginning of January my hair was a medium brown with a hint of red.  Look at what SE Asia has done to my hair!!




     For dinner we've decided to walk a short way on the beach to RIMLAY, a recommended place for dinner.  It's early and there's us and a few other tables are occupied.   Fried rice with prawns, cucumbers, and a large coke for me.  My husband orders the Tom Yam soup with prawns and Chang beer.  The food is very good, the service is friendly and we would have stayed to linger or perhaps order something else but we are getting bit by sand fleas or mossies despite having put repellant on.  Our bill is a whopping 350 baht.











Fried rice with prawns and cucumber

Tom Yam soup








Pool at night as we're walking back to our room after dinner




  

No comments:

Post a Comment