Wednesday, September 10, 2014

JANUARY 24, 2014: GOODBYE KAMPOT/LUNCH-HOTEL, GIANT IBIS BUS TO PHNOM PENH

January 24, 2014

     I wake up this morning with a very hoarse throat.  Breakfast is delicious as always.  Since our bus to Phnon Penh isn't until this afternoon I get a tuk tuk to take me to the pharmacy.  I describe my symptoms and come away with throat lozenges and nose spray for $4.20.  I know I'd have to pay way more for that back home.  Cost for tuk tuk was only $3.  We pack and check out.  Take some more pictures.  I really am going to miss the great staff here.  One more meal before we hit the road as who knows how the food will be in PP!  We order bruschetta and a side salad to share.   When our order comes there's something about it but I can't quite put my finger on it.  Oh well, it's wonderful.  Oh, oh a mistake has been made.  We were given someone else's order-eggplant.  They had moved from their table which was next to ours to another table so that's how the mix up occurred I think.  Our bruschetta appears and we eat that too!  Bill $10.50.

Yummy!

     I take a bunch more pictures of everyone at RIKI.  I'm really going to miss them.  This staff is the absolute best.







Such a great group!

     GIANT IBIS-what can I say.  It's just as nice as the reviews say.  It arrives to pick us up at 2:30 pm.  We have seats 3A and 3B but there are 2 young girls sitting in them.  Not wanting to cause any problems we sit in 4A and 4B but here we don't have as much leg room as the row 3 seats have.  It's ok for me but my 6'2" husband would have been much happier in his row 3 seat.  We arrive in Phnom Penh around 5:00 pm.


Our bus to Phnom Penh

No comments:

Post a Comment