Thursday, September 4, 2014

JANUARY 29, 2014: GOODBYE CAMBODIA

January 29, 2014

    Today I feel better-almost like myself.  I settle our bill-some restaurant charges and the taxi to the airport.  We have had such a nice stay here and would return.  The staff has been super friendly and helpful.  We especially appreciated the pool as it gets hot in the afternoon.  Breakfast for me is plain tea and some banana bread I bought last night from the Blue Pumpkin.  Of course, my husband has no problem with a full on breakfast, Option 5.  I do have a few pieces of his fruit.  The car is on time 10:30 am to take us to the airport.  It takes about 1 hour to get there.  The driver helps us with our bags-3 large and now 3 carry on!  I tip him $5 as that's a lot of bags!  We check in with CAMBODIAN ANGKOR AIR and I know I have to pay extra for the scuba bag(I didn't on the International flights as 2 bags checked pp are allowed) but I didn't think it would be so much!!  $90 for 18 kg.  There was no way to go online and buy extra weight like there is with Air Asia.  Won't use this airline again.  I buy a few souvenirs while we wait for our flight to Bangkok.  Goodbye Cambodia, hello Thailand!

Staff at Hilary's

Airport

Airport

Airport

Flight to Bangkok departs 13:40 and the temperature there is 32 .

No comments:

Post a Comment